Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to hide solid body in detail

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
ramkrish
3851 Views, 10 Replies

how to hide solid body in detail

Hi,

I have created two solid body in the modeling mode &maintained seperate body ( Didn't combine) there after hide & visibility off  one solid  body .while taking the detail that time two solid body is appearing. how to switch of the body in detail.please tel me if any method is there.

thakyou ,

regards,

ram.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
SBix26
in reply to: ramkrish

I don't recommend this method because you don't have individual properties for each part.

However, if you need to detail the solids individually, just create two new Views in your part file, one for each solid.  Then you turn off visibility of one solid in each of those views.  Those part views are available to each drawing view placed in the drawing, so you can choose which solid you want to have visible in each view.  If you check the Associative box, then the drawing view reflects any changes to the part view.

Message 3 of 11
EScales
in reply to: ramkrish

Expand the view in the browser, right-click on the solid body that you want to turn off, and uncheck the visibility.

Solid_Part_Visibility.png

Message 4 of 11
rdyson
in reply to: EScales

I'm pretty sure the OP is talking about editing a sketch in the ipt.

Unfortunately the behavior is probably as designed. It would be nice to selectively override body visibility but there are times when the bodies all need to be visible as well. 

PDSU 2016
Message 5 of 11
SBix26
in reply to: rdyson

I can turn off visibility of bodies before entering a sketch and the setting sticks; doesn't it for you?.  I would like to be able to change body visibility from inside the sketch, though.

If editing a sketch is what the OP meant by "detail", I'm going to have to get some remedial work on reading comprehension... !

Message 6 of 11
rdyson
in reply to: SBix26

My experience, haven't tried it recently though.

Create a part with multiple features. Create a second body in the ipt, again with multiple features, some of which reverence features in the first body (isn't this why we use multi body?)

Turn off visiblility of body1.

Edit a sketch in body2. Body1 (in fact all bodies created before the sketch) are now visible.

Are you seeing something different Sam? 

PDSU 2016
Message 7 of 11
EScales

You are correct in that all the solid bodies become visible when editing a sketch.

I think what the original question was referring to, is that if the visibility of one solid body was turned off in the model and a view of that part was created on a drawing, that all the solid bodies appear in that view.  Thus, my earlier post about turning off the visibility of the solid body in the drawing view.

Message 8 of 11
SBix26

@rdyson wrote:

My experience, haven't tried it recently though.

Create a part with multiple features. Create a second body in the ipt, again with multiple features, some of which reverence features in the first body (isn't this why we use multi body?)

Turn off visiblility of body1.

Edit a sketch in body2. Body1 (in fact all bodies created before the sketch) are now visible.

Are you seeing something different Sam? 

I am seeing something different.  I have a layout with seven solid bodies.  If I turn the visibility off of all but Body 3, for example, then edit a sketch on Body 3, they all stay invisible.  If I edit a sketch on body 1, it (and only it) also becomes visible.  If I'm observing and deducing correctly, bodies become visible when sketches are edited that are actually placed on them.

Message 9 of 11
rdyson
in reply to: SBix26

HMMM?

Not my experience. I'll try to work up and example and see if we are seeing different things.

PDSU 2016
Message 10 of 11
rdyson
in reply to: EScales

Eric, if you're interpertation of the OP's question is correct, then he may be on an earlier version. If memory serves, the ability to make drawing views of individual bodies is new in 2013.

PDSU 2016
Message 11 of 11
EScales

That is correct.  It is new in 2013.  I went back and looked at 2012 and it is not possible to turn off the visibility of a solid body in the drawing browser.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report