Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flatten the inner vanes of transit mixer drum

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
413 Views, 3 Replies

How to flatten the inner vanes of transit mixer drum

I have been trying to create  the inner vanes of transit mixer drum. As you can see in the images this is a double start helix both in the same direction which has been color coded green and yellow respectively.I am new to Inventor and hence i have little knowledge as to how  to create the drum and inner vanes in Inventor2014 and therefore created the drum and vanes in Pro E 

The problem is that:

I am unable to flatten the inner spiral and hence unable able to get developement length of the inner vanes nor the inner and outer diameter of the vanes after cutting/dividing the vanes in sections for example at an angle of 120 degrees each, 

since in real world the sheetmetal has to be cut in sections either by laser or plasma cutting and then twisting each section by beating with hammerand then welding it on the inner periphery of the drum  inorder to take shape of a spiral.

The inner and outer diameter and flat pattern of  each section of the vane is required after flattening it since it has to be sent for laser cutting in 2d

I have been try to find a solution for days but have been unsuccessful so far please help me out

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Most likely you will need to look at 3rd party software/add-ins to get the flat development you require. Software such as AutoPol will "flatten" most items. Possibly the people who do your burning might be using software that can do it as well.

We use Radan at work for our profile cutting. Stuff I can't flatten in Inventor I can usually flatten in Radan.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Well this is not the answer I was looking for,you mean to say that Inventor does not have an answer to this solution.

Message 4 of 4
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

If it's done in a Brake, you might be able to either model a number of bends or get away with two large radius bends, working from the midde of the vane out each way. If it's a coil shape I don't give it much hope.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report