Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find Rev Level in Design Assistant or Inventor for multiple parts

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
john
514 Views, 7 Replies

How to find Rev Level in Design Assistant or Inventor for multiple parts

I would like to use Inventor 2014 or Design Assistant 2014 to run a report showing part number and Revision Level for groups of parts.  If not Inventor or Design Assistant, is there another tool that would allow me to run this query?  We are not using the Vault.

I want to find an easier way than opening individual files.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: john

How are you doing revisions on your drawings now?  Do you have an iproperty that is used to input a revision manually?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
blair
in reply to: Cadmanto

If you are using the iPropterty as asked, you could then use the BOM and export function to generate your report.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Right click on your assembly in Windows Explorer, Open Design Assistant.

In the left side menu, make sure "Properties" is selected. From the "View" menu, click "Customize" and add the revision column. You should now be able to see the rev number for all children parts of your assembly.

It's not very efficient, but that's what Vault is for.

Message 5 of 8
john

Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately I am trying to determine the rev level for all parts in a folder and not just parts within an assembly.  We have our parts split up among sub folders and I did a test yesterday.  I created a dummy assembly that include ALL the parts within one of the folders.  I was then able to edit the BOM and display part #, description and rev level.  I then exported the BOM to a spreadsheet.

It looks like there may be a limit to how many of the parts I can insert at a time but without goint to the Vault, I will proceed with this method.

Message 6 of 8
john
in reply to: Cadmanto

Yes, we are using part Iproperties to populate the Rev Level that is then used on the drawings.  Without writing some kind of script file, I don't know how we can extract the rev level field from within the Iproperties.

Message 7 of 8
blair

As I posted, use the Export function from the BOM of your IAM file. You may need to add the REV column with the column chooser function if it's not already showing. Or use the BOM Extractor from the www.cbliss.com web site.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 8 of 8
Cadmanto

Given your current situation, I think besides what has been offered, writing a routine in iLogic might be your best bet.

Given that, you might want to seriously consider looking into vault.  That would take care of all of these issues.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report