Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out if the Inventor files are made with a genuine license?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
AndrewJora
1009 Views, 9 Replies

How to find out if the Inventor files are made with a genuine license?

Hello everyone,

My company is about to get a great and long term contract for various CAD projects (based on Inventor software, of course)

I'm already collaborating with two sub-contractors which help us when we are overwhelmed...

I'm about to hire the 3rd one, but I am concerned (suspecting) that he might use unlicensed version of Inventor (2013 version) and I don't need troubles or to risk to loose contracts, etc. I need to be sure that my sub-contractors are 100% "clean".

Is there any posibility to check the Inventor files he is sending to me ? (IPT, IDW, DWG, etc)?

I mean: does Inventor place/write any "fingerprint" inside of the files, regarding the licence number or similar ?

If someone know how to check the files, please let me know.

Thank you

Andrew J.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
TravisNave
in reply to: AndrewJora

Unlicensed, no.  Educational, however, will be stamped as such.  There is nothing that I know of that will show if a drawing was made on a trial, for example. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 10
mdavis22569
in reply to: TravisNave

Ask for a copy of his lic numbers or verify with his reseller what license's he has or doesn't have ...number of seats etc ... Mike

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 10
graemev

Audit your subcontractors.

Message 5 of 10
mrattray
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis, that may no longer be true as of the latest versions. See the other thread here about EDU stamps.
Andrew, no, there is nothing in the files that tells you anything about his license.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 6 of 10
AndrewJora
in reply to: graemev

Thanks, ... but HE is (would be) my subcontractor.

Where else to ask bout him as long he is (will be) my subcontractor?

Message 7 of 10
AndrewJora
in reply to: mdavis22569

@ Michael Davis.

Indeed this would be the best way to find out..

But how to proceed if this subcontractor is living... far away (India, etc) ?

I'm pretty sure I would never reach his reseller.. if any(!?)

And .. to ask him for a copy of his licence = he could get a REAL copy of someone else, then I have to check with Autodesk, etc.

MOREOVER, I want to check this .. unbeknownst to him(!)

In this way I will get the prove of his honesty or "guilty".. regarding my relashionship with him.

Thank you

Andrew

Message 8 of 10
AndrewJora
in reply to: mrattray

@ Mike Rattray

Thank you!

Indeed it seems that's not possible..

Especially as long as there are a lot of cracked version on the internet.

The only thing I'm afraid is to NOT get in trouble with Autodesk, just BECAUSE of this subcontractor. Even though this shouldn't be MY problem.. I hope!

Eventually, yes, I think I will ask him to show me his license, then I will check that with Autodesk. 

Thank you guys!

Respectfully

Andrew

Message 9 of 10
graemev

@AndrewJora wrote:

Thanks, ... but HE is (would be) my subcontractor.

Where else to ask bout him as long he is (will be) my subcontractor?

I think we're miscommunicating on what "audit" means.  I mean for you to visit your subcontractor and verify that he has a proper license.

Message 10 of 10
Ray_Feiler

Have your legal department add that to the contract. "All contractors must provide proof of license on request."

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report