Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fillet this part?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
trumpy81
723 Views, 2 Replies

How to fillet this part?

GDay All,

I have a part that I want to fillet but only the edges that are highlighted. Please see the attached photo.

I have tried using sweep but it insists on returning similar results to the fillet command in that it wants to fillet the entire edge which is not what I want.

Anyone have a simple solution?

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
VdVeek
in reply to: trumpy81

Andy, with sweep it's posible but make sure that you select the sweep and not the edge.

An other option is to use the fillet command and use 'Variable radius', place points were you want to start the fillet and change the Radius to zero. See attachment for an example.

Rob.

Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional & Autodesk Inventor 2012 Certified Professional.
Message 3 of 3
trumpy81
in reply to: VdVeek

Thanks Rob. I now see where I was going wrong when using sweep.

I have to chalk it up to another 'grey' moment ... lol

Regards
Andy M
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2013 Pro SP1.1, Win7 Pro - 64Bit - SP1, Intel i7 960 @ 3.333 GHz
Asus X58 Sabertooth, Corsair 12Gig DDR3, AMD Radeon HD6970, Samsung 830 Series 256G SSD, 2x 3TB Seagate, 2x 2TB Hitachi,
1x 1TB Samsung, 4 x 2TB Seagate in Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Dual Asus VE278Q Monitors

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report