Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to exclude iLogic Rules when using Pack n' Go

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ApostolosJK
814 Views, 6 Replies

How to exclude iLogic Rules when using Pack n' Go

Is there a possible way of doing this except for example saving everything as a copy, delete the rules of the copies and then use pack n go on them?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mthomas
in reply to: ApostolosJK

Sorry for the late response to this but I am too now in the situation that I need to send a fairly large assembly to someone and want to exclude the iLogic, partially as the iLogic is proprietary but mostly because it causes grief on the other end as they are constantly prompted to locate the iLogic

Vault's Pack-and-go nor Copy Design help either, thought maybe I could Copy Design it and then Pack and Go

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 3 of 7
mthomas

I shouldn't have been so quick to post... take a look at this article from Paul Munford: http://www.cadsetterout.com/inventor-tutorials/the-secrets-of-copying-assembly-files/#ilogic-design-.... The solution is to use Inventor's iLogic Design Copy tool which has an option to strip the iLogic Rules on Copy

Mike

Mike Thomas

Message 4 of 7
ApostolosJK
in reply to: mthomas

Thank you very much for the reply. I suppose your proposal should work, but unfortunately the feature needed is not presant in my version of Inventor (2015) Maybe it's only available in proffessional edition?

Message 5 of 7
rdyson

Close all files:

Image1.png

PDSU 2016
Message 6 of 7
mthomas

It is not a Professional only feature, but there are a couple things to check...

#1 the tool only appears on the Tools tab IF not files are open. So make sure you don't have any files open

#2 check that the ilogic addin is loaded. Tools > Add-ins and make "iLogic" both Loaded and Load Automatically

If it still doesn't appear you may need to reinstall your software

Mike

Mike Thomas

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 7
ApostolosJK
in reply to: mthomas

I found it. thank you both!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report