Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable reflections and gradients in shaded views

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Daniela_Koloszko
21223 Views, 23 Replies

How to disable reflections and gradients in shaded views

You would like to have an option to disable reflections in the shaded views that you create.

Answer 

We introduced from Inventor 2010 support for disabling reflections in drawings. In order to do this, users need to add DWORD registry key named "Suppress Specular Color" with value greater than zero under the following registry key.

Note:

Prior to creating this registry key, you need to have the following hotfix installed for Inventor 2010:

http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL15338178

For Inventor 2011, you need to have SP1 installed.

Open the system registry and locate the following registry keys listed below (Start > Run > RegEdit):

1. Inventor 2010

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion14.0\Applets\DrawingLayout\Preferences\]

Create a key with this value:

"Suppress Specular Color"=dword:00000001

2. Inventor 2011

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion15.0\Applets\DrawingLayout\Preferences\]

Create a key with this value:

"Suppress Specular Color"=dword:00000001

If the key is not present or its value is zero or less, then reflections are enabled under drawings (Default behavior).

Note: The key is read only once per Inventor session -  after adding the key or changing its value,  users need to restart the Inventor session.

Please find attached as well the registry files for both Inventor versions. By double clicking the appropriate registry file, you can automatically create in your registry the key, as explained above.

Daniela Koloszko

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24

No solution for turning this light grey into real white?

Message 22 of 24

This fix worked in 2014. 

Is there a registry edit to romve the shadows from the IDW as well?

Message 23 of 24

Hi Daniela,

I have tried this option but not working. I am using Inventor 2014. My issues is to remove Reflection environment Image ...Can u please advise how to solve it. I have searched lot. all th eoptions are saying how to change the image but did't get an option to remove the image.

Jyothis Surendran
Autodesk Autocad 2014 & Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Windows 10
Message 24 of 24

This does not work for cropped views.  The specular lighting comes back.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report