Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete unwanted geometry in Inventor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Petervanh
7769 Views, 4 Replies

How to delete unwanted geometry in Inventor

I have generated a model but want to get rid of unwanted geometry to clean it up, how do I delete unwanted geometry?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: Petervanh

You'll have to give much more information.  At the very least, pictures/screen shots.  Better to post the actual file and describe what you want to remove, as well as tell us what version of Inventor you're using.  "Geometry" can be a lot of different things.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 3 of 5
Petervanh
in reply to: SBix26

Sorry Sam, here is an attachment which hopefully will clarify what I am trying to do. There doesn't appear to be a delete option in the toolbar like say autocad, I could used undo if it was the last operation I did but its not so I need to know how to delete historical operations to clean up the model.

regards Peter.

Message 4 of 5
SBix26
in reply to: Petervanh

Those look like sketch geometry.  If you're sure that they aren't useful, edit the sketch(es) in which they reside, select and delete.  The easiest way to find the sketch is simply to select the element, then right click on it and choose Edit Sketch, or click the edit sketch icon in the mini-toolbar.

If, on the other hand, these are somehow important to the model function, then all you need to do is turn off visibility of the sketch.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Message 5 of 5
Petervanh
in reply to: SBix26

Thank you Sam,

Simple when you know how but hard to work out youself, when help doesn't return on 'how to delete unwanted geometry', these are the differences that put Inventor apart from autocad (which i have used for years) even though they are both autodesk products.

regards

Peter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report