Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the extended centerlines?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Thorped01
1226 Views, 10 Replies

How to delete the extended centerlines?

How to delete the extended centerlines under the center point in this case... Actually I don't understand why they appear in first place, really stupid. 

If it exist some command that disables this function, please tell me!

Namnlösss.jpg

I have a little off topic question also, how to make the constraints visible even after printing out the drawing?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
chad38
in reply to: Thorped01

I don't know that you can delete them, but if you right click them you can uncheck "extended" and they won't show.

HP Z420 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E5-1603 0 @ 2.80 GHz 2.80 GHz
12.0 GB RAM
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
3D Connexion Space Pilot
Solid Edge ST9 MP1

Inventor Professional 2015
Autocad 2015
SolidWorks 2015
Message 3 of 11
Thorped01
in reply to: chad38

Namnlös.jpg

No I can't uncheck "expanded" because it not exist... I run the same version as you. 

Message 4 of 11
Thorped01

I almost solved it in some way but i now I get this, even more stupid thing, how did the developers think when they created this function?

I place the start point in center point as everything else and when i'm close to the center of the hole the start point flips over to the other end... I cant remember that I had the same problem in 2012 version so maybe it's an option but a really stupid one to have as ordinary.

Namnlösss.jpg

Namnlös.jpg

Message 5 of 11
JDMather

Attach your part and drawing file here - it doesn't look like something is being done correctly.

I started to work up an example, but since you already have an ......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 11
Thorped01
in reply to: JDMather

Had one* Smiley Wink I closed the file a few seconds before I got you message, but I did a new one! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
dan_inv09

Going to need the part as well.

Message 8 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: dan_inv09

@dan_inv09 wrote:

Going to need the part as well.

I would just set Defer Update (Tools>Document Settings>Drawing tab...)

I am going to suggest using the Centered Pattern tool to do this rather than creating a sketch - easier and looks much more aesthetically pleasing. I'll post example when I get a chance. And bonus - it gives the PCD.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 11
Thorped01
in reply to: JDMather

Well, like this then... 

Namnlös.jpg

I think I need to accept this as a solution... 

If anyone wants to have the file to make own calipers, just ask me, I give it away for free...

Message 10 of 11
JDMather

You can adjust the centerpoints to make it "prettier".

Message 11 of 11
dan_inv09

It depends on if all the holes need to be dimensioned by angle and radius (or diameter).

caliper.png

Including model sketches might have been a way to do it, but right now the foundry is waiting for the depth dimensions and marketing has managed to get some orders but most of our customers still keep asking what it's for.

Given the state of some of the detailing tools I think Autodesk management must still think models are sent off to drafters working in 2D AutoCAD (or that we just export the models to a machine that spits out a finished product).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report