Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Daryl.Pilarski
Message 1 of 4 (378 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to delete document links and embeddings?

378 Views, 3 Replies
04-13-2012 12:23 PM

Hello, Using IV2012 SP1, I needed to generate a bracket that had has silkscreen graphics on it. So in the part file I started a sketch/insert image and using the decal command projected it onto the desired face.  The image is a BMP file that is 5meg in size.  It took me several attempt to get this right and all appears to be good.  But upon completing this very simple part I noticed the file was 48meg!  I went into “links” and I noticed that the BMP file was shown 7 times.  The BMP file is showing “yes” under “resolved” for one instance and “no” for the other 6 instances.  I can only “break link” one instance but can do nothing with the other.  I’ve deleted the decal and stated over but it still shows up with the 7 instances.

Jon, Thank you for your link.  With you code and a little more learning on my part I was able to RUN theyour code and it work! Thanks again.

Product Support
jon.dean
Message 2 of 4 (344 Views)

Re: How to delete document links and embeddings?

04-16-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: Daryl.Pilarski
Valued Contributor
Daryl.Pilarski
Message 3 of 4 (329 Views)

04-16-2012 03:36 PM in reply to: jon.dean

Jon,  Thank you for the input. But how do I do that?   I seen the code in you link, but when I have the part file open in Inventor and then select VBA editor there are several things that display.  I’ve spent some time today trying to research the sequence of selections/commands or process but I’m stumped.  Is there a command lists/selection that a novice like me can fallow?  Thanks!

Valued Contributor
Daryl.Pilarski
Message 4 of 4 (326 Views)

04-16-2012 06:24 PM in reply to: jon.dean

Jon, Thank you for your link.  With you code and a little more learning on my part I was able to RUN theyour code and it work! Thanks again.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.