Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete all linked parameters

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Mack_1979
1676 Views, 5 Replies

How to delete all linked parameters

Hi everyone,

I have lots of files that are linked either by length, height, etc.. Is there an option to delete all linked parameters. I would also like to keep the part history (cuts and extrudes).

I wonder if there is an option to delete all at once like iLogic option-"delete all rules" or should be deleted individually.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Inv_kaos
in reply to: Mack_1979

Not all at once but how many links do you have to one file anyway?

Is this what you mean by individually? - RMB the file path in the parameters window and select 'delete folder'. Any parameters that are still used in equations will be converted to user parameters. No feature history will be affected.

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000
Message 3 of 6
Mack_1979
in reply to: Inv_kaos

I have a part to which are linked all major assemblies. Some elements are connected to each other. If I want to delete all links I need to open every part to see if it have any links and delete it. Or is there any better way?

Yes this is what I meant with individually.

Message 4 of 6
Inv_kaos

No nothing to automatically edit all parts.

Why do you need to delete all these links? Can't say I have needed to do this, perhaps there is another way to achieve what you want. Is this a copy of a design where you want to modify parts without affecting other parts at the same time?

Are you using a master sketch or a multibody master part? Or have they all been manually linked through parameters or derived separately?

Vault copy design or design assistant might get you there without needing to delete the links?..

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Message 5 of 6
Mack_1979
in reply to: Inv_kaos

I need to send whole project but I don't want to send all the knowledge which is behind. So I want to erase all links and leave the files as they are. For the ILogic I use delete all rules but for parameters I don't have a good solutions.

Message 6 of 6
Inv_kaos

If you are sending all parts with feature history then they basically have all the knowledge anyway. Does this master part have some configurations you don't want them to see? If so you could re-map all the referenced parts in the assembly to a new copy of your master part (copy, rename, resolve) and delete all the knowledge from that copy of your master part. They only get the one design they had anyway.

I find some people really overvalue IP though, might not be the case for you but things like pressure vessels with two nozzles that has no IP they refuse to share. I know a CAD company we use don't share their 3D models (that we designed anyway) because they think we will steal their awesome modelling secrets (typical SWx users hey). There is no such thing. If there really is IP concerns then a STEP file or Shrink Wrap is normally suitable.

Stew, AICP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report