Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cut this part ..?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
323 Views, 4 Replies

How to cut this part ..?

I'm still new using autodesk inventor and still learning. I have trouble to cut the plate (Penahan Depan.ipt) follow the radius of the roll (Roll.ipt) Please give me the solution.. Thank you..

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'd create a sketch bisecting the Penahan Depan part vertically.  Project the edges of the Roll onto the sketch and cut the Penahan Depan part via the revolve command.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

but how to ..? have some tutorial for it..

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I'm still new using autodesk inventor and still learning. I have trouble to cut the plate (Penahan Depan.iptfollow the radius of the roll (Roll.ipt) Please give me the solution.. Thank you..

sorry i mean not Penahan Depan.ipt but penutup depan.ipt

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Do a Revolve Cut at the part level

or

edit the part at the assembly level and Copy Object as surface body the faces of the Roll to use for cutting and then Sculpt or Split. (this will cut exactly same size and associative - but no allowance for tolerance and motion, you will need to consider that as well)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report