Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create Equipment Templates in Template Folder

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BeKirra
202 Views, 2 Replies

How to Create Equipment Templates in Template Folder

I placed an set of equipment templates (1 IAM file and 2 IPT files) to the template folder.
Then opened the IAM file and saved the links to the IPT files in the same folder.

The problem is that a "Resole Link" dialog pops up with a message "Unresolved Reference..." when I create a new drawing by opening this IAM.

We use a single project file for vault and we have created a working foder which contains two sub-folders:
1) Projects - storing all project drawing files.
2) Template - the place of drawing templates.

In the project file dialog we set the Workspace links to the "Projects" folder under "Workspace" while the Template path points to the "Template" folder under "Folder Options".

Thanks in advance.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: BeKirra

Hi! I could be wrong but I don't think you can create an assembly from templates like this. The new assembly still holds the reference to the part template files unless you replace them.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
BeKirra
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I am just back to work and still in the holiday mood...

Yes, I know what you have pointed out.

The reason that I rose this question was we use this simple assembly set a lot.

We reuse it for various projects by changing the sizes.

It would be great if we can make this assembly set (an IAM and two IPTs) as a "template" or the like, apart from our standard library items.

I am happy to hear any feedback from you and other members.

Thanks.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report