Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Branch/Olet fittings?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CADDapult
1347 Views, 2 Replies

How to create Branch/Olet fittings?

I've been working away, filling in the gaps in the supplied Tube & Pipe Content Center library, and I have now come to the point of adding Nipolets.  I initially tried modifying weldolets, but adding the nipple extension removed features that were used to create other features, resulting in errors galore.  Trying to reverse-engineer the olets supplied isn't working out too well either.  Some variable are set to apparently arbitrary numbers, variables used in dimension formulas aren't in the family table, etc.  I can't determine how an olet is able to adjust to a range of pipe diameters (a 1" olet located on a 6", 8", or 10"automatically).  The help files haven't been too helpful.

Does anyone know where I can find details of what needs to be set up to get olets working properly? 

Thanks-

More of a curmudgeon by the hour
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cbenner
in reply to: CADDapult

Best information I've found on this is right in the help files.  This link is for 2015, but the procedure hasn't changed since I started using T&P 5 years ago.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-C62E977C-C460-4EAD-A3C9-C9A82E1D3B0B

The olets section is toward the bottom.  Follow it closely and it should help you out.

Message 3 of 3
CADDapult
in reply to: cbenner

That's the ticket!  I'd gone through the 2013 help files and there was no where near as much information as in the 2015 help files.

I was finally able to get the last piece of the puzzle in place and publish the working nipolets into Content Center.

Thanks very much Chris! That link made all the difference.

Mike

More of a curmudgeon by the hour

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report