Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

¿How to create an helix with variable section?. The axis diameter is constant

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
feimi20
856 Views, 3 Replies

¿How to create an helix with variable section?. The axis diameter is constant

¿Do you know how to create an helix with variable section?. The axis diameter is constant.

I attached an ipt file and a picture about that.

Thank´s

Jhonny Castañeda

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: feimi20

Hi!!

You can use the Loft tool with this options:

Profile: uper profile

Path: 3D sketch

Surface guide: Ring at the middle

Then, create a surface with "extrude" to make a frontier and remove the surplus of the helix using "Split Solid".

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: CCarreiras

Hi!

Here, some pics to you follow

The "sweep"

2.png

The "Split"

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
feimi20
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thank*s my friend!

But, it´s possible that you send to me the two (2) files ipt where you has done the helix with section variable ... please. And you can show me how to unfold the helix in order to plot it on the steel plate.

I´m sending you the way I´ve done to do that. First I create a normal helix with the big section then I cut the out part that it is not necessary so I get the helix with section variable but, I don´t know how to unfold that.

Please open the file caracol chapa.ipt and check the plan view and compare the same view with your files if you see the same tnen you´re rate but if you get a different way then it´s not the right helix.

I attach the ensamble in order you can check what I am doing.

Thank you.

Jhonny Castañeda

Pacasmayo-La Libertad
Perú

P:D:: My personal email is jhocas@hotmail.com. Don´t forget to show me how to unfold an helix in order to plot it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report