Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

*Willie
Message 1 of 5 (2,768 Views)

How to create a work plane off a cylinder

2768 Views, 4 Replies
02-17-2004 06:21 AM
I need to create a work plane on a cylinder so I can cut holes into the cylinder to place fittings. What would be the best way to do this? Appreciate any help here.
*Laurence Yeandle
Message 2 of 5 (2,768 Views)

Re: How to create a work plane off a cylinder

02-17-2004 07:00 AM in reply to: *Willie
Start the workplane tool and hit F1! -- Laurence, Power is nothing without Control --- "Willie" wrote in message news:40322374$1_1@newsprd01... > I need to create a work plane on a cylinder so I can cut holes into the > cylinder to place fittings. What would be the best way to do this? > Appreciate any help here. > >
Distinguished Contributor
StuartMoore
Message 3 of 5 (2,768 Views)

02-17-2004 07:35 AM in reply to: *Willie
Start the workplane commend, under 'origin' in the browser select the correct orientation for your workplane and then just select the cylindrical face.
*Willie
Message 4 of 5 (2,768 Views)

02-17-2004 07:50 AM in reply to: *Willie
Thanks to both of you for your input. Originally I was thinking it would be nice to create a plane around the entire circumference of my cylinder but I can see that probably is not a good idea. Thanks again and have a great day! "Willie" wrote in message news:40322374$1_1@newsprd01... > I need to create a work plane on a cylinder so I can cut holes into the > cylinder to place fittings. What would be the best way to do this? > Appreciate any help here. > >
*Kent Keller
Message 5 of 5 (2,768 Views)

02-17-2004 08:29 AM in reply to: *Willie
A plane by definition is a flat surface, I don't see how you could make it around the circumference. If you start the plane command and hit F1, you should be presented with some pretty good guides to methods of placing planes. -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "Willie" wrote in message news:4032382f_3@newsprd01... > Thanks to both of you for your input. > Originally I was thinking it would be nice to create a plane around the > entire circumference of my cylinder but I can see that probably is not a > good idea. > Thanks again and have a great day!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.