Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a work plane off a cylinder

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
13693 Views, 4 Replies

How to create a work plane off a cylinder

I need to create a work plane on a cylinder so I can cut holes into the cylinder to place fittings. What would be the best way to do this? Appreciate any help here.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Start the workplane tool and hit F1! -- Laurence, Power is nothing without Control --- "Willie" wrote in message news:40322374$1_1@newsprd01... > I need to create a work plane on a cylinder so I can cut holes into the > cylinder to place fittings. What would be the best way to do this? > Appreciate any help here. > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Start the workplane commend, under 'origin' in the browser select the correct orientation for your workplane and then just select the cylindrical face.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks to both of you for your input. Originally I was thinking it would be nice to create a plane around the entire circumference of my cylinder but I can see that probably is not a good idea. Thanks again and have a great day! "Willie" wrote in message news:40322374$1_1@newsprd01... > I need to create a work plane on a cylinder so I can cut holes into the > cylinder to place fittings. What would be the best way to do this? > Appreciate any help here. > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

A plane by definition is a flat surface, I don't see how you could make it around the circumference. If you start the plane command and hit F1, you should be presented with some pretty good guides to methods of placing planes. -- Kent Assistant Moderator Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program "Willie" wrote in message news:4032382f_3@newsprd01... > Thanks to both of you for your input. > Originally I was thinking it would be nice to create a plane around the > entire circumference of my cylinder but I can see that probably is not a > good idea. > Thanks again and have a great day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report