Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Infallable
Message 1 of 3 (109 Views)

how to create a rule which limits pipe length in iLogic?

109 Views, 2 Replies
04-24-2012 02:16 AM

How would I go about creating a rule in iLogic which would limit the minimum length of a pipe (parameter = Pipe_Length) to be half the outer diameter of the pipe (Pipe_OD), in other words "Pipe_LengthPipe_OD/2"

I know you can use the limits wizard in iLogic,  but is that not only for numerical values as opposed to parameters?

Thanks in Advance for your answers.

chad.salmela
Message 2 of 3 (101 Views)

Re: how to create a rule which limits pipe length in iLogic?

04-24-2012 05:34 AM in reply to: Infallable

I would create create a rule like this:

If Pipe_Length < Pipe_OD / 2 Then
    MessageBox.Show("Pipe length must be no less than half pipe OD!", "Length Warning")
    Pipe_Length = Pipe_OD / 2
End If

I like to use a message box to communicate to the user why a dimension keeps changing back to something. The first argument in the message box is the actual warning, the second is the title of the message box itself.

Then just force the change to your minimum.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 3 of 3 (98 Views)

Re: how to create a rule which limits pipe length in iLogic?

04-24-2012 05:41 AM in reply to: Infallable

Do you use Tube & Pipe?  Because you can create those rule right in the pipe styles dialog.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.