Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a partial circular section in a drawing view

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2653 Views, 4 Replies

How to create a partial circular section in a drawing view

Good day,

I have aquestion.

How to create a section view across the arc line in the drawing view?

thanks for your support

Best Regards

Odhiles

SECCION.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

I would place this part in a new IAM file of the same name (easier to remember) and create an Assembly Feature cut to remove the section in question. Since Assembly Features don't affect the base part this will then produce a "sliced" part that you can use in for your drawing view.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Blair thanks for your quick response .

Mi name is Ulises  

Your suggestion helped me to think of a similar solution , using the same ipt and draw a sketch in the drawing, then use break out view feature, then use break out view feature, and another way is a multiples point across the curve line. but both solutions have to manually draw the line indicating a section.

Retrospect my question should be written as follows:
How to get automatically one curved section similar to that requested the technical drafting standard ( see attached images).

best regards from El Salvador, Central América

curved path section line.pngSection curve path.PNG

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

A curved line for section views would be nice. Might be something that might gain some traction in the Idea-Station.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I am Newbie in this world forum of Autodesk , so I have not finished to understand the concept of kudos , only that you do extend your score to the community.
I am a friend of automation and agree to propose this as new idea to include it in Autodesk Inventor
Best Regards Blair , thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report