Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create a New Sheet

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BeKirra
549 Views, 4 Replies

How to Create a New Sheet

In an IDW file (v2014), I want to create a new sheet by copying an existing sheet in the same file.

Can't figure it out.

Your help is much appreciated.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
okaleja
in reply to: BeKirra

Hi,

Direct workflow is not supported. But as a workaround you can copy the source sheet and paste it in a new drawing. Then copy the sheet from the new drawing and paste it to the original document. The result should be the same.

Hope this helps,

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer
Message 3 of 5
JDMather

If you set up your sheet style you can simply tell Inventor to create New Sheet.

I think this is what you are really trying to do.

If not, provide more information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 4 of 5
BeKirra
in reply to: okaleja

This was what I have done. Just wondering if there is a simple solution.

It looks silly when a simple function is not provided in a "powerful" software.

To JDMather, I want to create a copy of sheet that has same drawing views then add some comments on the new sheet.

Thanks.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Can't you simply copy and paste the views from the active sheet to the inactive sheet?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report