Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy/paste a loft?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1097 Views, 4 Replies

How to copy/paste a loft?

Okay I've been building random things to teach myself how to use Inventor and right now I'm stuck on a rim I'm creating. My question is.. is there a way to copy and paste a lofted item since there are three parts to it (2 planes and 1 guide) because I need 4 more spokes and if I copy the loft it copies all three parts seperately. Then when I paste and orientate the small end of the loft to the plane I want it tells me "Unsatisfied Geometric Inputs". 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: Anonymous

Use the Circular Pattern command to create the additional spokes as shown below.

Circular.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

I would concurr with the circular pattern suggestion.

I don't think it is possible to just copy and paste a lofted feature for the reasons you

mentioned.  The guide curves, additional plaanes and the profiles.  They are all tied into the origins

from which they started.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Okay thanks I was just hoping there was an easy way I could locate key points and create a duplicate. But I got the circular pattern to work so thanks.

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

You can copy/paste if you follow the rules (parent/child relationships), but still don't understand how that would have helped you with this part.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report