Valued Contributor
linuskotte
Message 1 of 4 (609 Views)

How to copy and paste sketch in same plane

609 Views, 3 Replies
04-30-2013 12:24 AM

Hi all

I have big problem 

i have a one rectangular block(Control cabinet) it consists of around 100 sub rectangular blocks here problem is in my part user wants few blocks in different dimensions and different positions some time. So I created one sketch in my sketch plane then user wants more features on rectangular block then I want automatically copy and paste on same plane same sketch and same time automatically asking for dimensions(positional, length and width).

It's possible?

Thanks in advance..

Thanks and Regards

LINUS KOTTE

*Expert Elite*
Mark_Wigan
Message 2 of 4 (585 Views)

Re: How to copy and paste sketch in same plane

04-30-2013 07:06 AM in reply to: linuskotte

hi,

i am not 100% sure i understand but if i am right & depending on where you are up to in your design process it may not be a big problem.

- if you want it to prompt you for sizes then you can setup an iFeature or iPart depending on what you need at the end of the day.

so if you have already drawn your good shape, you can export that as an iFeature and just add it as many times as you like in any of the drawings that you or your fellow designers are working in.

see the help and how to training resources in inventor for more info, or if you need a bit more support please ask after you have had a look at the topic a little bit.

best regards,
- Mark

PDSU 2014 Windows 8.1, 64bit. (Kudo or Tag as Solved if your issue is sorted)

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 3 of 4 (577 Views)

04-30-2013 07:28 AM in reply to: linuskotte

Can you post screen shot?

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2014 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
Valued Contributor
linuskotte
Message 4 of 4 (556 Views)

04-30-2013 06:58 PM in reply to: JDMather

Hi all

Here I attached my model view it's just for reference here iam using rectangular pattern and simple ilogic code .Using rectangular pattern we will get all same sizes of boxes but i want to change different different sizes and positions. my idea is without using pattern just draw one rectangular through parameter. Select no. of compartments automatically copy and paste that rectangular in same sketch plane and ask sizes and positions dimensions.

It's possible through ilogic?

In my panel bar options are:

Hight of panel- Hight of panel

width1- Width of panel

Depth1-Depth of panel

com1- no.of Compartments

hIN- No.of Hinges

Please Help me

Thanks in advance

Thanks and Regards

Linus kotte

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.