Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine bend & Flange in an Animation

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
InventorInSchool
1232 Views, 10 Replies

How to combine bend & Flange in an Animation

So, I'm wondering how I can combine the bend function & flange in an animation. The problem is that I'm unable to use flange when the plate is nearly 98% flat (which I need to remain the radius for favorite parameters - bend function).

bild.JPG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JDMather
in reply to: InventorInSchool

This seems to be a popular question around here lately.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/flange-motion/td-p/4526905

Seems like it also came up here by another student about a month ago (looks to be exactly the same part?).

If you can't figure it out - attach your file here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 11
InventorInSchool
in reply to: JDMather

I figured that people would start to find it annoying if I threw in 30 questions in the same thread. How ever, do you find my question confusing? Bending > flanges the ends  > and then error occurs when I decrease the radius.

I'll attach the Assemly tomorrow.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 11
InventorInSchool
in reply to: JDMather

Message 5 of 11

anyone??

Message 6 of 11

Contour flange didnt work either

Message 7 of 11

How can I animate the radius from 40mm to 0.8mm and still keep it horizontal? I cannot set any dimensions for height and width without to get error.

Message 8 of 11
mrattray

I don't get what you're up to with this sketch. What are those two floating lines for? You have a bunch of repeated and unrealistic dimensions. You're probably getting an error because those .5mm dimensions wont allow for a 40mm radius. The geometery would be mathimatically invalid.

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 9 of 11

The sketch is not the problem.  created a new one, without all the dimensions that was unnecessary, to convice you.

Check out this attachment (the animation) and you'll see what the actual problem is.

Message 10 of 11
mrattray

I see what you're talking about now. But, that's just plain strange.

Capture.JPG

Anyways, I made this version using a surface extrusion, a thicken, and some bends. Does this work for you?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 11 of 11
InventorInSchool
in reply to: mrattray

Thanks alot! Smiley Very Happy I recreated all the steps in a new file and It now works prefectly fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report