Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check for Inventor assembly integrity?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jimbo22
746 Views, 6 Replies

How to check for Inventor assembly integrity?

Hi All,

I am helping a fellow Inventor user who faces determining if a set of assemblies, on the file system, are complete and not missing any parts, references, etc. Aside from opening each one in Inventor direclty and manually verifying if the design is at least able to resolve al parts, is there any way to automate or semi-automate this check?

Thanks

Joe

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadmanto
in reply to: jimbo22

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have vault?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 7
jimbo22

No Vault in use here - the user has lots of older designs managed on file system - I am assiting on getting them into another PDM and the need is to check each assembly is corerct before import - well over 2000 assemblies, so manual checking is obvioulsy not preferred

Message 4 of 7
Cadmanto

What PDM system?  Solidworks PDM workgroup, EPDM, Smartteam or Windchill?

I ask, because you can do comparisons in those depending on which one.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 7
jimbo22
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Cadmanto

I am not really at liberty to discuss that detail at the moment unfortunatley - I would like to focus on my original question of is it possible to check on if a given assembly can resolve all of its parts programtically when the design is on the file system in folders - Vba, design assistant, etc?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
Cadmanto

No problem.

I was just asking because what I thought you to be asking and what I understood you to be asking,

I thought the PDM system might be able to help you out.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 7
t_stramr

Hi Joe,

For this purpose you can use Inventor Tool called Task Scheduler. You can find it in the start menu under Autodesk/Autodesk Inventor 201X/Tools. Start it and create new "Update Design" task. See attached image. The task log will tell you what reference files are missing.

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report