Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the drawing standard style of a title block definition?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
smilinger
401 Views, 3 Replies

How to change the drawing standard style of a title block definition?

For example, I am creating a new set of templates for my company, with a new drawing standard style. I decide to reuse the title block definitions and borders from my old templates. However if I copy the title block definitions from the old template to my new template, the old drawing standard is also copied, along with all the other styles from the old template, and my new template is messed up.

The old drawing standard can be purged only if I delete the title blocks and borders, it seems title block definitions are using the old drawing standard style. So is there a way to change/replace the standard style of the title block so I can get rid of it?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
daleschumann
in reply to: smilinger

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem.

Message 3 of 4
SBix26
in reply to: daleschumann

You'll need to fool Inventor by changing the name of the Standard in your old templates to exactly the same name as the new one.  Then when you copy the title blocks, it's the same name and no duplicate standard is created.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2017.4
Vault Workgroup 2017.0.3
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Inventor Certified Professional

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: daleschumann

Hi Dale,

Have you try simply doing copy and paste? Edit both template files in the same session of Inventor, Edit the title block definitions. Window-select from the old template -> ctrl+C -> go to the new template -> ctrl+V. Does it work for you?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report