Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the assigned to material colour in 2014?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Orest_iy
1118 Views, 3 Replies

How to change the assigned to material colour in 2014?

Hello

I wish my Material will have the certain assigned Color.

For instance in the 2012 I have a Steel and assigned Steel Colour.

Once I change the properties of Steel Colour and save them to Library I will have

all further new Steel parts to be represented with this altered Colour by default.

How to make this simplest trick in the 2014?

I cannot stand any glossiness and reflectivity came with appearances and I wish I could

get rid of that. I still work on 2012 exclusively because of appearances.

Best regards,

Orest Yavtushenko

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yannicknielsen
in reply to: Orest_iy

Hey there. I attached a picture of the steps

First go to your project management, and make sure your project has read-write access to the style library, as show on the first part. You right click in order to change that!

Then open a part file and go to the material browser which is marked with red. Double click the material you would like to edit, and go to appearance.
Choose whatever appearance you would like. You can right click the appearance tab and choose "replace", and then choose an appearance you made yourself.

After that, you can go to manage, and press "Save" as shown - That should update the material in your style library.

Now that it's saved in your style library you may need to go to manage and press "update" on the files that need updating (There probably is a smarter way to do it, if you have a lot of files)

Hope this helps

Best regards

Yannick Nielsen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2021
Message 3 of 4
Nicolas.Bourquin
in reply to: Orest_iy

Hello,

here is a link to an interesting post of our "Being Inventive" blog dedicated to Inventor:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/07/migrating-to-2013-materials-and-colors-tre...

An additional link to a pdf document explaining in detail the migration process from 2012 to 2013 or 2014 version:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/files/materialcolormigration/Autodesk%20Inventor%202013%20Material...

I hope that will help

Best Regards

Nicolas Bourquin
Message 4 of 4
Orest_iy
in reply to: Nicolas.Bourquin

I managed to change the color and save to existing library somehow.

That is all I did so far. The 2012 and previous Styles were  a bit complicated but clear and simple. Especially regarding making own materials and colors. The appereances seems like big and weird headache...

Orest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report