Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change display color of sketched bend lines in Inventor 2014??

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tfick61
1494 Views, 7 Replies

How to change display color of sketched bend lines in Inventor 2014??

Greetings all,

My company just installed the latest version of Inventor 2014. We are previously from Inventor 2009. Is it possible to change the display color

of the sketched bend lines such as here?

2014-02-26_1608.png

thanks in advance!

-stedyone

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
brendan.henderson
in reply to: tfick61

I'm not saying this is it, but a quick search found this. Ignore the path to the file as it's specific to your setup. Recommend you backup this file before touching it 🙂

colours.jpg

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 3 of 8
tfick61
in reply to: brendan.henderson

I'm sorry, I either I don't have this setup or I cannot find this path/directory under any of the Autodesk folders. We are running windows 7 pro desktop pc workstation.

Message 4 of 8
tfick61
in reply to: brendan.henderson

Okay, I have since found this file and created a backup. When I double-click this 'xml' file type it opens internet explorer to view only. I cannot seem

to edit this line.

Thanks,

-stedy

Message 5 of 8
blair

You can download from the Microsoft website their XML editor, it's free and the download from Microsoft is safe. Look for XML Notepad.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 8
tfick61
in reply to: blair

Okay, I have downloaded and installed the proper xml editor and I am afraid I still don't know what I'm doing!

I don't know what the corresponding color bit table is in order to change the 4 digit code?

I have tried a few random numbers with no success.

-stedy

Message 7 of 8
brendan.henderson

As said in the first post, I'm not saying this file is the source. This file could be the Layers configuration file for the drawing Styles.

I noticed changing Tools/Application Options/Colors/Color Scheme made no difference to the bend line colour. So maybe it is hard coded and can't be changed?

If you're on Subscription raise a case with Autodesk and ask the question.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 8 of 8
CESAR200

The color of sheet metal bend centerlines can only be changed in the drawing environment.  This can be achieved by editing the layer color in the Style and Standard Editor or by right-clicking an individual bend centerline and choosing 'Properties'.

There is not an option to change the color in the model environment (flat pattern).

You can post this to the Idea Station forum, if there is not already a similar request.

Inventor IdeaStation

Cesar Valencia
Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report