Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to change default units to metric for inventor2013

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jis.augustin
101272 Views, 5 Replies

how to change default units to metric for inventor2013

how to change default units to metric for inventor2013? Now I have them set as imperial.

thanks and regards

Jis

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
WHolzwarth
in reply to: jis.augustin

You can select units by using special templates, whe setting up a new file.

By default here with a German version, the template is called Norm.ipt and is in millimeters. And there are subfolders, too, for English or Metric setup.

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: jis.augustin

I'm not sure if you're asking about changing a single file, or about changing templates?

To change a single existing part or assembly file, open Tools tab > Document Settings > Units tab and change units as you please.  To change a single drawing, you will probably need to create some metric styles.

To change to metric templates as installed, Application Options > File > Configure Default Template... button.

Message 4 of 6
curtthemartian
in reply to: SBix26

Thank you very much!  I had this same question and your answer was so simple and precise.  Thanks for the support.

Message 5 of 6

So I changed the part files properties to use Metric. Thats fine. It's still displaying with a +90deg pitch (i think I used the YZ plane (Inventor) which is the RIGHT plane, not the FRONT.

The model is still displayed at a fraction of the part size.
Message 6 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: justin.white.ux

Attach your file here.

If you modeled using magnitude with incorrect units - changing the units isn't going fix the part.

ex, 1 inch become 25.4 mm not 1 mm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report