Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auto convert AutoCAD font when inserted into an Inventor drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Lhann
374 Views, 3 Replies

How to auto convert AutoCAD font when inserted into an Inventor drawing

Our company has older schematic Autocad drawings that use RomanS font.  We are in the process of inserting these schematics into Inventor.  Our Inventor drawings use Tahoma font which is a better font for printing.  Is there a way to automate the font conversion so that the RomanS font will update to the Tahoma font when the schematics are added to the Inventor drawings?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: Lhann

One way is to make the change in AutoCAD first.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 3 of 4
Lhann

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, we are looking at your suggestion.  I does work to some extent but so far I can only update annotated text on a sheet-by-sheet basis.  This can be somewhat time consuming for a drawing that have 20+ sheets.  Also noticed that the text in sketch blocks does not update when applying the Manage Text Styles font change.

My hope is to find a way to apply the font change throughout the drawing, all sheets, all sketch blocks and the title block at the same time.

Maybe a layer setting or some other configuration setting?

Message 4 of 4
Ray_Feiler

I'm sure this can be done through automation inside AutoCAD. I am more than a little rusty though. Maybe ask in their forum how to globally change a font across multiple sheets and files or can this even be done.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/bd-p/706

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report