Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
stevensf
Message 1 of 4 (182 Views)

how to attach text to a baloon

182 Views, 3 Replies
11-11-2003 10:44 PM
Can you attach text (qty or other info) to the side of a baloon or a point on the model view? If so can the qty update automatically?
Thanks
Fred
*Keller, Kent
Message 2 of 4 (182 Views)

Re: how to attach text to a baloon

11-12-2003 12:51 AM in reply to: stevensf
Make a sketched symbol and use the Symbols button on the bottom of the annotation panel.
Attach it with a leader to the balloon or part, and then rmb on it and delete leader.

Not sure about qty. When making the sketched symbol look through the options in when
placing a property field, but the quick look I took I didn't see anything. Also if there
is a way I am going to guess you would need to attach to the part and not the balloon.
--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"stevensf" wrote in message news:f19c10a.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Can you attach text (qty or other info) to the side of a baloon or a point on the model
view? If so can the qty update automatically?
> Thanks
> Fred
Mentor
CAD-One
Message 3 of 4 (136 Views)

10-05-2012 08:48 AM in reply to: *Keller, Kent

Kent,

I dont understand the delete portion of your answer... May be after so many years.. this solution inst applicable.

Or may be there is a different way to attach text to a baloon. I need text to move with baloon to move with view.

I now baloon will, but the text stays :smileysad:

C1
Inventor Professional 2015
Vault Professional 2015
*Pro
jletcher
Message 4 of 4 (127 Views)

10-05-2012 09:13 AM in reply to: CAD-One

If you place your symbol in the view 1st then move the symbol to the balloon it will stay with the view..

I have been asking for balloon attach points from Inventor4 and look we still don't have it but yet we have a crappy Interface :smileyhappy:

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!