Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to attach text to a baloon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stevensf
456 Views, 3 Replies

how to attach text to a baloon

Can you attach text (qty or other info) to the side of a baloon or a point on the model view? If so can the qty update automatically?
Thanks
Fred
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: stevensf

Make a sketched symbol and use the Symbols button on the bottom of the annotation panel.
Attach it with a leader to the balloon or part, and then rmb on it and delete leader.

Not sure about qty. When making the sketched symbol look through the options in when
placing a property field, but the quick look I took I didn't see anything. Also if there
is a way I am going to guess you would need to attach to the part and not the balloon.
--
Kent
Assistant Moderator
Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program

"stevensf" wrote in message news:f19c10a.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Can you attach text (qty or other info) to the side of a baloon or a point on the model
view? If so can the qty update automatically?
> Thanks
> Fred
Message 3 of 4
CAD-One
in reply to: Anonymous

Kent,

I dont understand the delete portion of your answer... May be after so many years.. this solution inst applicable.

Or may be there is a different way to attach text to a baloon. I need text to move with baloon to move with view.

I now baloon will, but the text stays 😞

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 4 of 4
jletcher
in reply to: CAD-One

If you place your symbol in the view 1st then move the symbol to the balloon it will stay with the view..

I have been asking for balloon attach points from Inventor4 and look we still don't have it but yet we have a crappy Interface Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report