Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add text beside a balloon?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
stevensf
913 Views, 9 Replies

How to add text beside a balloon?

Can you add text or parameters beside a balloon so it will move with the balloon? Thanks Fred
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: stevensf

Right click the balloon, and choose edit balloon, set 'By Standard' to off and choose Circular with 2 entries. Then in the override box type your text. Alternately you can choose Property Field and select what info you want displayed, Part No, Desc, Item etc John G "stevensf" wrote in message news:24824039.1075056273385.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > Can you add text or parameters beside a balloon so it will move with the balloon? Thanks Fred
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

this adds the text inside of the balloon, I think what he wants is the ability to add a Qty or ref outside and next to the balloon. I also have wanted this info attached to balloon. I tried a custom symbol with text already inserted, and then inserted it in place of the balloon by standard. This approach would require a symbol for each Qty or info, not the best. But then it moved the item text out of center of balloon when it inserted the text from my symbol. Anyone else have any ideas? msk
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

unless i'm doing somthing wrong, that text does not move (stay attached) with the ballon. msk
Message 6 of 10
dan_mayers

We do that same thing. The balloons do have attachment point, but they are not all that convenient. I created a symbol that can attach to the top corners of the bounding box for the balloon. It works ok for single or double balloons, but since there is only one bounding box regardless of the number of balloons, it gets a bit flaky after that. I keep intending to go back and set up the symbol so that I can chain off my symbol, rather than the balloon but I have not had the time. If you need it, I'll try and figure out a good way to post it.

Dan
Message 7 of 10
stevensf

Yes, Mark I do want to put the text beside the balloon, and it would be nice if the text could be variable so as to type in the info when the balloon is added or edited. Thanks Fred
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

I generally use leader text attached to a balloon quadrant, then remove the arrowhead (RMB on the leader) and tweak the line length (drag it). This way the text always follows the balloon. If there's a better way, I don't know about it yet. Mark Triton "Mark S. Klein" wrote in message news:4016a107$1_3@newsprd01... > unless i'm doing somthing wrong, that text does not move (stay attached) > with the ballon. > msk > >
Message 9 of 10
KingsKorna

Mark trinton has the best way. Just click "leader text" and put your cursor over the balloon and you'll see the quadrants. pick it and RMB. type the quantity you want. it's that easy, there shouldn't be a leader. This also works with the geometric tolerance (when you click the geo icon), when you need to have it move with your dimension.
Jim -
Message 10 of 10
tap0ut

Yes, but this works correctly ONLY when you have 1 balloon. Any more than that and the insert point on the text moves to center itself between the balloons, so that if you have let's say 4 balloons stacked vertically, the text will automatically align itself between the 2nd and 3rd balloon. I have not found a way around it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report