Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add custom attributes to existing materials

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
cristian.pena
449 Views, 5 Replies

How to add custom attributes to existing materials

Good morning, I want add some attributes as custom codes to the Inventors' existing materials, how to can I make it?

Thanks,
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: cristian.pena

Version of Inventor?

Assuming 2013 or newer just

Edit the material... add what you want to the "Identity" tab in one of the fields that isn't being used like comments or whatever. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 6
cristian.pena
in reply to: mcgyvr

Good morning,

i'm using Inventor 2014, also tried to use it, but i want add some field empty to use as custom field, for example Material Code or another Specs, 

This is possible?

thanks,

Message 4 of 6
Mario428
in reply to: cristian.pena

@cristian.pena wrote:

Good morning,

i'm using Inventor 2014, also tried to use it, but i want add some field empty to use as custom field, for example Material Code or another Specs, 

This is possible?

thanks,

Start up your Iproperties

Click on the "Custom" Tab in that window

put the name of your custom property in  the "Name' box

Set the variables and hit "Add"

In an IDW you will have to edit your BOM to make it show up

Double click the BOM

Click the leftmost Icon at the top of the BOM " Parts List Column Chooser"

Click on New Property, put your new property name in EXACTLY as you added it to your custom properties

Click "add" to make a BOM column and position it using the Up & down buttons.

It is now in your BOM

Message 5 of 6
crystaltech
in reply to: Mario428

Hello All,

I’ve been looking to do this as well. Is there a way to link any of the Material Library attributes in the ‘Identity’ tab to iproperties? We need to have the material (Steel) separate from the Grade (44W).

Thoughts?

Message 6 of 6
Mario428
in reply to: crystaltech

We have some Ilogic in our template that does this. But a couple of separate templates will do the same thing. One template for steel and another for 44W

@crystaltech wrote:

Hello All,

I’ve been looking to do this as well. Is there a way to link any of the Material Library attributes in the ‘Identity’ tab to iproperties? We need to have the material (Steel) separate from the Grade (44W).

Thoughts?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report