Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Much CAD for this buck?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
terje.antonsen
459 Views, 5 Replies

How Much CAD for this buck?

Hi,

(Hope this is OK here, couldn't find a more suited place)

I am simply wondering if someone can tell me; Which Inventor suite + Alias could I get for 16500$?

Price for the standard, premium, ultimate i s listed as 4995, 7495 and 9995. http://www.autodesk.com/suites/product-design-suite/included-software

However, I can't find prices for the Alias packs. http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-alias-products/compare

Yes, I see that inventor ultimate has alias design, but this lacks a few features we would like, as point cloud to surface tool.

Premium with Alias automotive would be great, If anyone could help me with an estimated price for this, I'd really appreciate it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CCarreiras
in reply to: terje.antonsen

Hi!

If you want to have Inventor + Alias Design, you have to buy the suite: Autodesk Product Design Suite ULTIMATE.

This suite has Inventor Professional, Alias Design and Autocad (Mech and Elect) and also 3D STudio Max and Show case.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
-niels-
in reply to: CCarreiras

Carlos, he said he knows about that but they need more Alias features.
The one in the suite doesn't fill their needs.

Terje, have you tried contacting your VAR?
I expect they should be able to help you better, since they are in the same region as you are.

You can always use the page here:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/searchform?siteID=123112&id=1088201
to find resellers near you.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 4 of 6
yannick3
in reply to: -niels-

Hi

What i know about this, you don't have a lot of money to buy Alias Surface (20K to 30K) or Alias automotive(80k to 100K)

I'm very surprised that you need surface or automotive, Alias design have a lot of feature to create anything, execpt the ability to export the surface to classe A and  the dinamic shape modeling.

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Message 5 of 6
terje.antonsen
in reply to: yannick3

Actually, the feature I was missing is Import of point clouds from a scanner, and generating surfaces from them. In the online help, select>object>point cloud is mentioned, but not to be found in alias design selection set (30 day trial.) However, the "button locator" inside alias gives alot of hits on "cloud" but these are nowhere to be found on the palettes, So I assumed this feature was not in alias design. ANd that the button ("wrongly") included all possible buttons in any alias software.

But I'm starting to think I'm missing something?

Message 6 of 6
yannick3
in reply to: terje.antonsen

Hi

it's definitive that automotive is very very expensive but i'm not sure if Rhyno can do that and it's very sheep compared to automotive . you can try too, Geomagic i think it less than 8k

Yannick Verreault
INV PRO 2015
MS Office 2007
Win 7 pro, core i7 950, asus P6T WS
nvidia Gforce GTX 295
WD caviar black 500Go
WD caviar black 1To

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report