Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I love 2013 - Let me count the ways!

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
CelticDesignServices
992 Views, 15 Replies

How I love 2013 - Let me count the ways!

Yes, it's called sarcasm.

I knew my idea to refrain from loading Inventor 2013 was valid.

Ever since having to load 2013 for a client, I've had nothing but issues, more so since I loaded Update #2 for Service Pack 1.1.

In addition to my other post on Break Out views, add to that the repeatable crash when attempting to change out one component for another in an assembly.

It's happened now on each assembly I've attempted such on.

I've submitted a CER and actually got back a reply. Problem is, that reply states the problem was addressed with Service Pack 1....ummm...I'm running SP 1.1 with Update #2 as stated above....so now what?

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Is it possible to uninstall the Update #2 and thus revert back to just Service Pack 1.1?

CER.jpg

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Message 3 of 16

Well, it seems uninstalling Update #2 for Service Pack 1.1 was the fix, at least so far when it comes to replacing components in assemblies.

I still need to figure out the Break Out view issues.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Message 4 of 16

Jim,

This is a scarey thread considering my company is on the cusp of upgrading to 2013.

Usually by this time all of the bugs are worked out.  It looks like that may not be the case.  Smiley Surprised

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 16

Scott,

I agree, but I just now verified that by removing the update, not only am I now able to replace components without Inventor crashing each time (so far) but I just now was also able to create the Break Out view that was giving odd results after I loaded the update.

So I would highly recommend NOT installing the update or if you do and you start seeing issues, know that you can uninstall it and those issues seem to be fixed.

Again, so far, so good, but I'm also sure it won't last.

But the common thread in the issues I'm seeing seem to be the update I installed on Monday morning.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Message 6 of 16

i guess autodesk will have to release another update to fix another update

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 16
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

at this rate the next update will probably break something else

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 16

Would be nice if Autodesk tested their product themselves instead of using paying customers like you to test it for them 🙂

Glad we haven't 'upgraded' yet, might skip this one altogether and wait for 2014 service pack 1.234 update 7

Hopefully we can go up from 2012 by this christmas, once the paying guinea pigs have ironed out all the new bugs...

Message 9 of 16
goodman.tom
in reply to: IS200

Hi Folks,

I'm very new to Inv and I'm having a few issues as well. When I try to pan the cursor changes as it should but nothing moves until I hit enter or right click. I will try un-installing SP 1.1 and let you know how that works.  My version is a student copy and I'm wondering if I should try 2012 instead of 2013.

Best,

Tom

Message 10 of 16

Jim,

In your image autodesk is asking you to install a VAULT hotfix, not an inventor one... any idea why?

Just asking because i also installed update 2, but didn't check for updates on vault since we only use the vault for the content center bit...

(haven't ran into the problems you described so far, fingers crossed...)

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 11 of 16

Hello Jim,

Thank you for submitting an error report and providing your feedback.

Please verify that you have installed Service Pack 1 for Vault 2013.  The message you received indicates that the issue is addressed by Vault 2013 SP1. 

You can download Vault 2013 SP1 from the following location:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9261341#section1

Please note that there have been 3 Hotfixes released post SP1.  I recommend that you install these as well.

Please let me know if still see this issue after installing these updates.

Best regards,

David

David Harris
Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 16

I told you not to load it did I not?

Sorry for your issues please go vote for Don't Add anything...

Message 13 of 16

I hear your frustration.... but from my experience, Inventor 2013 is just as stable as 2012 or any other prior release.  There are about 12 others here that use Inventor daily in a production environment and we dont have these kinds of problems.

We all are using SP1.1 update 1.  Have not loaded Update 2 on any of the machines. 

Kirk A.

Windows 7 x64 -12 GB Ram
Intel i7-930 @ 3.60ghz
nVidia GTS 250 -1GB (Driver 301.42)
INV Pro R2013, SP1.1 (update1)
Vault Basic 2013

Message 14 of 16

@-niels- wrote:

Jim,

In your image autodesk is asking you to install a VAULT hotfix, not an inventor one... any idea why?

Just asking because i also installed update 2, but didn't check for updates on vault since we only use the vault for the content center bit...

(haven't ran into the problems you described so far, fingers crossed...)

Good point! I never even noticed. That was the reply from my second CER I submitted, not sure why it's for Vault, we are not using Vault at my current client, so I don't even have it enabled.

Strange

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Message 15 of 16

David,

Thanks for your reply, problem we're not using Vault. Well not yet. We are planning on installing it within the next week or so.

So I guess my question is, why would I still need to install an update for a program we are not using?

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Message 16 of 16

Trust me Jim, I tried to warn them, but they were already using it and 2014 has yet to come out. I didn't want to have to deal with the hopping back and forth between their 2013 and my 2012 until I felt 2014 was stable enough to use.

2013 has been fine for the most part up until I loaded Update #2 and now since I've uninstalled that update everything is running back as it normally did.

I haven't had an assembly crash yet when changing files out, and a I can create Break Out Views at will again.

New EE Logo.PNG

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report