Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn off visibility or suppress welds for use in drawing views

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
jweiss1313
2767 Views, 26 Replies

How do you turn off visibility or suppress welds for use in drawing views

I have an Inventor user who created a weldment.  He has three main pieces that he wants the fabricator to weld together first so he's created a design rep of the three parts and has created a drawing view that references this design rep.  He wants to only show the welds that apply to these three parts in this drawing view.  He is unable to turn the visibility off on individual welds.  He can suppress individual welds.  He cannot get the LOD to work with the suppressed welds.  He created a LOD and suppress all but two welds.  When he selects the master LOD on two welds show up.

Can anyone help us to create this drawing view so that on three parts of a larger weldment are visible and only the weld that apply to these three parts show up in the drawing view.

Thanks to whoever can help us.

John Weiss

CAD Admininstrator

Follett Corporation

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
Dennis_Jeffrey
in reply to: BMiller63

BMiller, You are correct.

I tried your exact descriptions of the issue in both 2010 and 2011. Personally, I'd never be detailing two subassemblies in one IDW. My recommendations have always been 1 part = 1 drawing, 1 subassembly one = drawing, 1 top level assembly = 1 drawing. It simplifies everything.

I suppose if you want to detail the entire kitchen in one IDW, then you need to make workarounds to get what you want.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 22 of 27
jweiss1313
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

Thanks for all the help BMiller and Dennis.  Looks like you cannot control visibility or suppression of welds with a design rep or LOD in both INV 2010 & 2011.  I'm going to go with BMiller's suggestion to demote the necessary parts into a sub-assy.

I would be nice to control the visibility of these welds with design reps and.or LOD.  The entire weldment that I show in my assemby is one complete unit (one weldment).  No reason to create a sub-assembly to be able to isolate parts and welds just to be able to create a drawing view.  Seems silly to have to create a seperate file just to show a drawing view.

This would definitely be a wish list item for me!

Thanks again for all your help!

John Weiss

CAD Administrator

Follett  Corporation

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 23 of 27
ABO/EM
in reply to: jweiss1313

I am using Inventor 2013 and there is still this silly thing, that I should create subassemblies to switch visibility for individual welds.

I really hope that it would be an upgrade in Inventor 14

Austris Bolmanis

Quality Engineer

East Metal

Message 24 of 27
justincmorse
in reply to: ABO/EM

Yep still cannot control weld visibility via a view repsentation in 2013.  That is so frustrating.

Message 25 of 27
8wr_zj
in reply to: justincmorse

Does anyone know how to do this in 2014 pro or if it is possible?
Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 26 of 27
8wr_zj
in reply to: 8wr_zj

TO THE TOP!! HELP PLEASE!!!
Inventor Pro 2014
nivida k6000
24 G RAM
Message 27 of 27
ABO/EM
in reply to: 8wr_zj

It is not possible in 14 pro. You still must create sub-assemblies to create individual welds. Pretty silly for 8k EUR soft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report