Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you split a BOM?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
randallgraham4313
4992 Views, 6 Replies

How do you split a BOM?

I have a very large ssembly drawing. The BOM is three times the heigth of my D size format. How do you split the

BOM to break it into 2 or 3 columns instead of one large one that does not fit on the paper?

Thanks

Randall

Inventor 2011

Vault 2011

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

I am just hiding some items in Parts lst to fit sheet size and insert another Parts list in with I hide items listed in the first one.

Cris

Message 3 of 7

Thanks, that is also what I am also doing. It seems a little crude to me because on some of my drawings, I maintain three BOM's. I know the other cad systems have the ability to split the BOM wherever you like. I was just hoping that there was a viable solution that I did not know about and not just a work around.

Thanks for the feedback

Sincerely

Randall

Message 4 of 7

Try double clicking the parts list, then right click the last row that fits on the sheet and select "wrap parts list at this row" or whatever the option is (I apologize, I'm on my phone right now, not in front of IV).
Inventor Professional
Message 5 of 7

Beautiful!  That worked like a charm. I knew there had to be a way. Very greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Randall

Message 6 of 7
SBix26
in reply to: randallgraham4313

Just a point of clarification: Inventor terminology for what you're working with is Parts List.  The BOM is part of the assembly, and is the source of the information that the Parts List(s) display on the drawing.

Message 7 of 7
msklein
in reply to: randallgraham4313

Wrap works OK up till you want  to have the columns start at two different points. Say mounting first list above title block and second list below at the border.

I found if I'm using two parts lists and making parts visible or not in each, is to make a master P/L with all parts turned on and make all changes in it first then open each P/L and update.

msk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report