Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you change the browser node name in a drawing?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
pcrawley
3358 Views, 6 Replies

How do you change the browser node name in a drawing?

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a line of Inventor 2013 iLogic that can change the browser node name of an IDW please?

Specifically, I'm only interested in changing this:

Browser-node-name.png

I know how it's set by default, but someone has managed to fix their template so it only ever shows "A3 template" in this field.  consequently, this problem now persists throughout hundreds of drawings. If I can fix it with a line of  iLogic, then the wickedly awesome CodeInjector can be used for fixing all the drawings.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Peter
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Mark_Wigan
in reply to: pcrawley

if its typed in it will stay until it is cleared. (eg to do this manually for a single drawing, two slow left clicks on the node, to highlight the text, then delete the text and hit enter)

the following is a macro i use for the API, not iLogic.

Some clues from this may begin to help though ?

Public Sub Clear_DisplayName()
Dim oDoc As Document
Set oDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
Debug.Print "Displayname = " & oDoc.DisplayName
oDoc.DisplayName = ""
oDoc.Update
End Sub

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 3 of 7
pcrawley
in reply to: Mark_Wigan

Perfect - thanks Mark.

Just in case anyone else is looking for this, here's the equivalent iLogic that sets the display name = iProperty Part Number (which it should be by default!):

oDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
MessageBox.Show("Displayname = " & oDoc.DisplayName, "iLogic")
'Set display name = iProperty "Part Number"
oDoc.DisplayName = iProperties.Value("Project", "Part Number")

Peter
Message 4 of 7
ankersen
in reply to: pcrawley

I have this problem on a few drawings.  How can I reset back to the default manually?

When I do as stated above, (highlight & delete) it does not default back to the org. Drawing file name.

The image attached shows the file name test3.idw, but the node is test1.  I need to make the node read test3.idw.

Message 5 of 7

Hi ankersen,

In a drawing, if you replace the name with a space using the space bar, it should reset fo you. In parts and assemblies, delete the name resets it.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 6 of 7

it was the space that I needed. Thank you.
Message 7 of 7

I use rename addin:

https://apps.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/en/Detail/Index?id=2565803677066677486&appLang=en&os=Win64

The addin renames the ipt filename/part number/display name and the for drawing filename/part number but the display name it goes away and replaces it with just the filename without extension, and if you copy the drawing to use in another .ipt (replace model reference)  and rename the drawing to the new ipt you will use the display name will not update because the addin broke the link to the filename.

What I'm trying to do is using an external rule with before save trigger with the following rule for drawings, that way I will always be sure that my drawings have the display name correctly.

oDoc = ThisApplication.ActiveDocument
oDoc.DisplayName =""
Manuel Campos Costa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report