Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i use the extrude box in autodesk inventor 2015 pls anyone!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
599 Views, 4 Replies

how do i use the extrude box in autodesk inventor 2015 pls anyone!

hi everyone,

i have the autodesk inventor 2015 trial and autodesk inventor 2014 video tutorial.  each time i mark a cut on my solid diagram and i want to cust some part out, once i click the EXTRUDE icon(autodesk inventor 2015) it brings a box on the left hand side of the screen named "Extrude".  can someone please explain the content of this box and how to use it to cut a solid diagram. thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! In the dialog, you can hit F2 and the Help document will come up. Or, you can go to Help -> Search -> Extrude. The explanation should be fairly clear there. Or, you just simply try the options in the dialog and see if you get the desirable result. If nothing works to your satisfaction, you can post the ipt file and someone will be able to help you further.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
salariua

Extrude is used for both cutting and adding material. You can only extrude/cut once you have an extruded body first.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: salariua

Hi! It is true that Extrude command can do Join, Cut, Intersect, or New Body operation. But, it is not true that Cut and Join can only be applied to an Extruded body. It can apply to any pre-existing solid body created by any body-generating feature.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
JDMather

Attach your *.ipt file here if you have any trouble.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report