Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I show different part (ipart) configurations in drawing views?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
riveter1000
653 Views, 5 Replies

How do I show different part (ipart) configurations in drawing views?

A Solidworks guy here struggling to get some work done in Inventor 2014.I have a simple part with 3 ipart configurations that I want to show in a drawing sheet.

The drawing view will only show the base configuration, no matter which configuration I select.

What must I do to get the different configurations to show in drawing views?

Here's a screenshot:

Image 005.png

Mark

Inventor Professional 2015 SP1

System Specs:
Dell Precision M6800
CPU Intel I7-4600M
RAM 16 GB
Graphics Nvidia Quadro K5100M
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: riveter1000

Hi! Based on the screen shot, the behavior does not seem right. Could you post the files here or send them to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr
in reply to: johnsonshiue

"if" you switch to those in the iam file does the model change to what it should be?

Did you right click on each member (or select all then right click) in the model browser and select "generate files"

Then try a new drawing and see if it works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
riveter1000
in reply to: mcgyvr

It's an ipt file, and it does show the correct configuration when I activate them. I did click on Generate Files and it made a new folder with the files. But the new files only show the base configuration when I open them as does the drawing when I insert them into a view.

Mark

System Specs:
Dell Precision M6800
CPU Intel I7-4600M
RAM 16 GB
Message 5 of 6
riveter1000

I got it working. I deleted my ipart table and created ipart again. Now the drawing views work correctly. I did not have to click Generate Parts. They seem to have been generated when I placed the drawing views.

Thanks guys.

Mark

System Specs:
Dell Precision M6800
CPU Intel I7-4600M
RAM 16 GB
Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! I think I know where the problem is. The part design view interferes with iPart member generation. In the iPart factory file, PDV:View1 is active. When generating a member, Inventor derives the iPart factory in the PDV state as is. But, the PDV is based on the first member. As a result, only three bodies are derived regardless which member is active. This is a bug. It should not behave this way.

To work around it, simply activate PDV:Master, do Rebuild All, and generate all members. Each member should have the correct number of cells. This is a great catch! I will forward it to development immediately.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report