My situation is very similar but more difficult due to the fact that I am only trying to select a few of the parts. There is no order to the solids in the browser so I still have to individually select them.
The multi-body part I have is from a STEP file supplied by my customer. I need to simplify it by deleting about 2/3 of the solid bodies.
WHY CAN"T I SELECT BY WINDOW?
Perhaps like this:
- Select all bodies in browser (Entries beneath Origin, not Solids)
- Copy to Construction (Construction environment needs to be enabled in Application Options)
- Delete all bodies in Modeling environment (ME)
- Switch to Construction environment
- Create new group and set it invisible
- Select Bodies to be deleted with window and move to the new group
- Select the remaining ones and Copy Object (Option multibody) back to ME
- Delete the rest in invisible group or delete whole CE
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.