Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I remove a sheet metal rule from Inventor 2013?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
FrancisBell
1482 Views, 5 Replies

How do I remove a sheet metal rule from Inventor 2013?

I have not found a way to remove a sheet metal rule from appearing in the list of available options when making a sheet metal part. Is there a way to manually remove the incorrect rule?

I tried opening the sheet metal rule xml file and deleting out the section that codes the rule I want to remove, but after opening inventor and checking the xml file again, it has returned. Any advice or ideas to try?

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jletcher
in reply to: FrancisBell

Go to here

style man.JPG

Make sure inventor is closed

Message 3 of 6
FrancisBell

Thank you for showing me that. I selected the sheet metal rules, and right clicked on the one I wanted to remove, then selected delete. It disappeared from the list. When I reopened Inventor, it was either back, or had never truly gone. I made sure that the style lybrary is set to read-write in the project manager under default.ipj, and that there were no Inventor threads running in the task manager and tried deleting it again. I got the same result. Is there a save changes button I am missing?

Thank you for the quick response.

Message 4 of 6
SBix26

It is still in the file.  Try using the Purge Styles (Manage tab) tool to get rid of unused styles.  And make sure to do this in the template(s), too.

Message 5 of 6
FrancisBell
in reply to: SBix26

I did as suggested, and have ensured that the styles I am trying to memove are not in my template. I opened Inventor, asked it to create a new sheet metal part. I opened the style editor within Inventor, and selected the the "Local Styles" option in the pick filter. The only style stored locally in the template is "Default". 

Are there any other places I can look to manually remove this thing? Thanks for the continued support.

Message 6 of 6
FrancisBell

I finally got it. It seems like I had to remove two styles at the same time. I made "Style A", and then renamed it to "Style B" without changing anything. I got rid of them both, after re saving my template, and it worked. Thanks all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report