Inventor General Discussion

Inventor General Discussion

FrancisBell
Message 1 of 6 (603 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I remove a sheet metal rule from Inventor 2013?

603 Views, 5 Replies
09-14-2012 11:45 AM

I have not found a way to remove a sheet metal rule from appearing in the list of available options when making a sheet metal part. Is there a way to manually remove the incorrect rule?

I tried opening the sheet metal rule xml file and deleting out the section that codes the rule I want to remove, but after opening inventor and checking the xml file again, it has returned. Any advice or ideas to try?

It is still in the file.  Try using the Purge Styles (Manage tab) tool to get rid of unused styles.  And make sure to do this in the template(s), too.

*Pro
jletcher
Message 2 of 6 (597 Views)

Re: How do I remove a sheet metal rule from Inventor 2013?

09-14-2012 11:59 AM in reply to: FrancisBell

Go to here

style man.JPG

Make sure inventor is closed

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

James Letcher
2012 Factory Design Suite ( will not load 2013)
What happen to my Inventor :-(
FrancisBell
Message 3 of 6 (586 Views)

09-14-2012 01:34 PM in reply to: FrancisBell

Thank you for showing me that. I selected the sheet metal rules, and right clicked on the one I wanted to remove, then selected delete. It disappeared from the list. When I reopened Inventor, it was either back, or had never truly gone. I made sure that the style lybrary is set to read-write in the project manager under default.ipj, and that there were no Inventor threads running in the task manager and tried deleting it again. I got the same result. Is there a save changes button I am missing?

Thank you for the quick response.

*Pro
sbixler
Message 4 of 6 (573 Views)

09-14-2012 05:07 PM in reply to: FrancisBell

It is still in the file.  Try using the Purge Styles (Manage tab) tool to get rid of unused styles.  And make sure to do this in the template(s), too.

FrancisBell
Message 5 of 6 (546 Views)

09-17-2012 07:59 AM in reply to: sbixler

I did as suggested, and have ensured that the styles I am trying to memove are not in my template. I opened Inventor, asked it to create a new sheet metal part. I opened the style editor within Inventor, and selected the the "Local Styles" option in the pick filter. The only style stored locally in the template is "Default". 

Are there any other places I can look to manually remove this thing? Thanks for the continued support.

FrancisBell
Message 6 of 6 (536 Views)

09-17-2012 08:58 AM in reply to: FrancisBell

I finally got it. It seems like I had to remove two styles at the same time. I made "Style A", and then renamed it to "Style B" without changing anything. I got rid of them both, after re saving my template, and it worked. Thanks all.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.