Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i create a revision table template

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1960 Views, 4 Replies

How do i create a revision table template

i have made and exported a revision table into .xls format and i am wanting to somehow make either the .xls file or make the revision table in the IDW into a style that appears in the format tab when you make a revision table.

Please help

Thanks

Huw

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

i have made and exported a revision table into .xls format and i am wanting to somehow make either the .xls file or make the revision table in the IDW into a style that appears in the format tab when you make a revision table.

Hi, and welcome...

What do you mean by: ...appears in the format tab... ?

To make a revision style available to all of your new drawings, create the style you want in the Styles Editor inside your template drawing.  To make the same style available to older drawings, right click the revision table style in the Styles Editor window, and select "Export".  It will be saved as a .styxml file.  Make sure you put it in a central location.  Now, to add it to an older drawing, open Styles Editor in the drawing and use the Import button at the bottom.  Select the file you have saved.  This only adds the new style to the editor though... to make it active, you need to add it in Object Defaults.... also in the Styles Editor.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

by format tab i mean when you are choosing a style in the format tab it doesn't appear. i want a .xls or import the table so it appears in the styles drop sown menu in the format tab. 

I shall try your solution first before asking again

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

it has kind of worked. How do i make it so that the table i have created doesnt need to be imoprted seperately every time i open a new drawing?

Message 5 of 5
cbenner

You need to create this style in your drawing template file.  Then it will be in all new drawings. The Import is for old drawings created before you added this to your template.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report