Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a lofted cut and apply to all parts in the assembly?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
cbell1007
1790 Views, 5 Replies

How do I create a lofted cut and apply to all parts in the assembly?

I am trying to create a loft to shaped a back cushion and then send the loft to all parts. But I do not see Loft as an option under assembly level. What am I missing?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: cbell1007

You will need to use multi-body solids techniques

or

Copy Object from on part in assembly

or

Derived Components.

Attach your assembly here if you can't figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
cbell1007

Ok. I didnt think of the multi body Component. I am not very familiar with that though. I need to be able to have seperate part numbers, materials, descriptions and volumes for each body or part so, what is the best option for me?
Message 4 of 6
JDMather

I would probably do as multi-body solids master file and then Manage>Make Components to derive the individual parts.

That is the easiest solution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
cbell1007

Hi there. Good morning. Well I created the Multi body part. I attached the file, because I was unsuccessful in making the cuts I need. When you open the attachment you will see my side profile sketch/ cut I need to make as well as the 2 loft sketches to create the final cut of the back cushion. For some reason creating the lofted cut on the multibody did not take for me. Im looking forward to hearing your reply. Thank you for your time.

Message 6 of 6
cbell1007

I got it 🙂 I didnt realize at first that I needed to create the Loft as a surface then use split to make the cut to each solid. Came out nice (with adding a few rails...) . Thank you for you suggestions. You where a big help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report