Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use "Sheet Metal Style" and material "Appearance" in a parts list?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MikeDiyer
459 Views, 1 Reply

How can I use "Sheet Metal Style" and material "Appearance" in a parts list?

We use different types of sheet metals, from stainless to bronze, and different thicknesses.

Currently, in order to show the correct material on a parts list, I have to duplicate the material Stainless Steel, and rename it to say 20 Gauge Stainless Steel. Then again for 16 Ga, 14Ga, 12 Ga, etc...

I'd like to have the parts list show the common material such as "Stainless Steel", with another column for the sheet metal style such as "20 Gauge."

We also use items such as Plastic Laminate. I'd like to create a generic material for the physical properties of "Plastic Laminate", and then change the material appearance to say "Formica #1234 Walnut". Again, i'd like to be able to put this in (2) columns on the parts list.

Thanks, Mike.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
japike
in reply to: MikeDiyer

Adding the material to the parts list is simply a matter of adding the material column to the parts list. For adding the style you might check out iLogic. I think you should be able to set a custom iproperty based on the style to use in your parts list.

We have a material  defined for each sheetmetal style. So, for the style 16 GA SS, we have a material called 16 GA 304 SS - 2B. We can use that material in our parts list or titleblocks. It's a bit combersome to maintain if you have many different materials, but quite easy to setup.

Peace,
Jeff
Inventor 2022

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report