Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I put a field alert in my form?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
189 Views, 0 Replies

How can I put a field alert in my form?

I want to preface with I'm an iLogic beginner, and probably the same for inventor period, so I apologize for sounding so green!

I am building a form to make a part, I set my min and max based on my sheet size capabilities, for min I give the alert and have it set the value to the minimum, because I can't build the part any smaller, it just doesn't work. For max, I want it to give the error message, but to not reset the value to max, because I can make the part bigger, it just requires seams in the material, since it is no longer one sheet, I just want the user to be mindful of that. 

My first questions that I  can live with, is at first it would give me the warning when I exceed the max, but if I change sizes without coming back down below the max, it doesn't rewarn me. So I turned on an event trigger to run the rule every time a geometery changes, the problem with that is, when you change the width, several linked geometries change, so I get the error message 5 or 6 times. Is it one or the other, or can I make a custom trigger that only runs the rule once?

My main question is, can I cause my form to put a visible warning in the form next to a field that exceeds the max? Like a red exclamation mark in the field next to the number, something so the user sees even after they get the warning message, that they are still outside the recommended parameter?

Thanks!

Daniel

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report