Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make the iAssembly Excel table EXTERNAL rather than embedded?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
chriskulig
323 Views, 0 Replies

How can I make the iAssembly Excel table EXTERNAL rather than embedded?

How can I make the iAssembly Excel table EXTERNAL rather than embedded. Is that even possible? I want to control the Table in my iAssembly from this external Excel file and more importantly USE the information in the Excel file in other things (while within a drawing, link to that Excel table so I can show on the drawing the wonderful data I'm making in the spreadsheet). I use columns off to the left within the Excel file (i.e. not driving the table) to calculate a bunch of extra great information as well that I can't get out of there and on to a drawing which I can then communicate said information to others.

I already tried copy and paste linking the Excel file cells into another drawing while having the iAssembly open and the drawing open at the same time. That just resulted in the drawing not being able to find the "embedded" Excel file located within the iAssembly (even if I open the iAssembly first). Anyway that seems like a less straight forward solution than simply being able to drive the iAssembly file directly from an EXTERNAL Excel file.

Am I missing a more obvious way?

Thanks,

Chris Kulig

Ohio 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report