Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I link multiple threads (features and in hole features)?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dan_inv09
880 Views, 4 Replies

How can I link multiple threads (features and in hole features)?

I have a hole tapped from both sides. I did a hole tapped to a depth but drilled through and added a thread feature at the other end. I had changed the hole (from 7/8-9 to 1-8) but the note on the drawing was attached to the thread feature. I would like to set it up so that the thread feature will automatically be the same as the thread on the hole. I don't get any errors saying that the hole is the wrong size for the thread, and both ends of the hole look the same (which I find somewhat disturbing).

I need to link the threads together.

At the very least it should look wrong, and hopefully complain that it's wrong, but I would much rather have access to these features so I can control them better.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: dan_inv09

I might do the hole part way through on each side, the "Through" designation will be "not correct" but your threads will be.

I guess one could argue a hole drilled and taped on each end is really two threaded holes (assuming the threads don't go all the way through)

If you change the one side, it will show up quickly on the drawing that the holes are different. It would be nice to link them though. At least the threads will match the holes.

Not really what you were looking for.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
swhite

tried to reproduce, but I get errors for my thread if I change the hole size and have to change the specs on my thread.

Thread.PNG

Steven White
Lee C. Moore, Inc.
www.lcm-wci.com
Inventor 2011
Intel Dual Xeon E31225 @ 3.1 GHz CPU
16 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 600 GPU
Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Message 4 of 5
dan_inv09
in reply to: swhite

Maybe it's just 7/8 and 1.
Message 5 of 5
cbenner

I don't know ilogic, but I suspect there may be some way to do this in there?  Set up a rule that would force the thread designations to match? 

Anyone?  Curtis?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report