Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i insert a frame generator in bends????

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Chand777
430 Views, 4 Replies

How can i insert a frame generator in bends????

I want to insert a channel section in bends... but  i cant select that surface to insert frame... So What can i do... Pls suggest me how to do..... Thank you in Advance....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blair
in reply to: Chand777

The problem with Frame-Gen is that each line segment creates a single part (member) within Frame-Gen. The picture shows 2 different runs. The lower Z is a group of 3 lines and 2 fillets on a sketch. This will produce 5 items within the F-G module (line items 001 to 005). 

The upper tube (funny curved run) is a single poly line. Since this is a single line only one tube member (006) was added to the Frame-Gen module.

Capture.JPG

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

The problem with Frame-Gen is that each line segment creates a single part (member) within Frame-Gen. ....

If you don't select Merge.

If you do select Merge - only one frame member is created.

Member Merge.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks, learned something new today (don't use F-G alot).

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
BLHDrafting
in reply to: blair

Merge is great but causes some problems. You can't then use some of the other Frame commands like Trim/Extend, Mitre and such. To acheive these you have to do in place editing of the FG member and scuplt and such. I'm using 2012 and am unsure if this has been fixed in 2013.

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report